The Home Buying Process
Looking to purchase your next home in Olympia, Lacey, Yelm, Roy, Tenino, Rainier or Spanaway? Cherie Allen, Realtor/Appraiser, can help with the home buying process.
Purchasing a home intimidates many people, but it isn't too confusing with some up-front planning. I like to furnish buyers with an outline of the entire deal so they'll understand exactly what they can expect. Below are my steps to purchasing a home. When you're ready to get started, simply contact me at the bottom of this page or e-mail me at . I'm glad to answer any questions you may have.
First - Make a Plan
There are many things you'll want to do before beginning your home search and home buying process. It is suggested for you to assemble a list of your wants and needs which includes the features you would really like for you new home to have and the neighborhoods you would prefer to live in, then begin planning your budget. A good rule of thumb is to keep your mortgage payment less than or around 1/3 of your net monthly income.
- Get Pre-Qualified for Financing by your bank or qualified loan agent ( I can provide referrals if you like)
- Find a Realtor That is Honest & Fair
- Begin Searching Online For Homes To; Your Realtor Will Also Assist With This
- Make An Offer/ Seller May Negotiate or Counter the Offer Before Accepting
- When Offer is Mutually Accepted;
- Escrow Begins & Title Report is Prepared
- Mortgage Application is Made With Your Loan Agent
- Home Inspection is Ordered
- Possible Re-Negotiations of Needed Repairs or Deficiencies Discovered During Home Inspection
- Bank Orders Appraisal which Compares the Offer Price to Recent Sales in the Market Area
- Loan Commitment
- Escrow Signing
- Final Closing
- Receive Keys to Your New Home